I just discovered and tried out a new cookie recipe that I LOVE, and I wanted to share it with all of you! (Forgive me, I’m no food photographer…) The recipe is from Lil Luna.com. Get the original recipe here!
I think these would be perfect Valentine’s Day cookies! Enjoy!
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 cup white sugar
-1/2 cup butter or margarine
-1/4 cup vegetable oil
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-3 cups flour
-1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
-1/2 cup crushed Peanut Butter M&Ms
-Whole Peanut Butter M&Ms, enough to go on top of cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a zip top bag, crush a couple of handfuls of Peanut Butter M&Ms, until you have 1/2 cup full of crushed M&Ms. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, oil, peanut butter, and sugars.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add the other dry ingredients and combine.
- Add crushed M&Ms and combine.
- Place cookies on greased cookie sheet and then add 2-4 M&Ms on each cookie. (The original recipe calls for 3-5, but I could only fit 2-4. Press the M&Ms down a little into the dough.)
- Bake for 7-9 minutes (I did 8 minutes, but I think 7 minutes would have been perfect. I like my cookies very soft.)