Everyone knows that toddlers are crazy. Bipolar, erratic, defiant, hyper, wild animals… But they are also oh-so-sweet and oh-so-entertaining! It is so rewarding as a parent to watch your little person grow and develop into his/her own personality, and to see him/her absorb new things every single day, all day long! At this age, kids’ brains are sponges!!
1) You all of the sudden have a second shadow.
2) You realize one day that you’ve allowed yourself to become a garbage disposal.
*”Oh, you don’t want your chicken nuggets? I’ll just finish them for you…”
3) Getting yourself ready for the day before 3:00 pm is a tremendous victory.
4) If a stranger were to listen in on your conversations, it would sound like you are fluent in several different languages.
*Toddler: “Daddy agoo baja ROAR aba daba owtside bash coookie!”
Dad: “Ok buddy, you can have a cookie.”
5) Sometimes, the word “Mommy” makes you shudder and twitch (it’s the screaming that’ll do it…)
*Of course, the same word, said sweetly, makes your heart melt.
6) Snuggles in the morning are the best part about waking up at the crack of dawn.
7) You’ve memorized several books, such as “Goodnight Moon”, “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom”, “The Foot Book”, and “Elmo’s Night Before Christmas”.
8) You have been hit, kicked, pinched, and have had your hair pulled out on occasion.
9) You have a new-found taste for foods such as PB&J, string cheese, animal crackers, and apple juice.
10) You swell with pride whenever your son or daughter learns a new word, makes a good decision over a bad one, or hugs you for no reason except that they love you.
Yes, being the parent of a toddler makes life exciting, tiring, funny, crazy, and interesting. But one thing’s for sure:
I wouldn’t choose to have any other life than the one I have as a mommy! Having and raising my little boys has been the most rewarding thing I have ever done.
And one more for all the dads: